Women supported by a Doula during labor have been shown to have:
• 50% reduction of cesarean rate
• 25% shorter labor
• 60% reduction in epidural requests
• 30% reduction in analgesia use
• 40% reduction in vacuum/forceps delivery *
Doulas can enhance the birth experience for fathers or partners by instilling confidence, encouraging participation, or just being there with Mom so the partner can take a break.
Knowledge and preparation are key to having a peaceful, fulfilling birth experience. Another important function of a Doula is to provide information and resources to help you make educated decisions regarding your pregnancy and birth.
As Your Doula, I will:
• Provide 2-3 prenatal consultations so I can get to know you and your wishes for your baby's birth.
• Assist you with creating a detailed birth plan.
• Help you choose a childbirth preparation program that is right for you.
• Be available by phone 24 hours a day beginning two weeks before your due date.
• Provide continuous support to you during active labor and immediately following your baby's birth.
• Assist with initiating breastfeeding and provide additional breastfeeding support if needed.
• Meet with you after your birth to share photos, reflect on the experience and address any postpartum concerns you may have.
Expat parents face unique challenges when birthing in Korea. Having an English speaking Doula by your side is a great asset when making important decisions about your pregnancy and birth. A peaceful, empowering birth is a memory you'll treasure forever and such a precious gift to your new baby. Let's work together to make that a blissful reality!